THE THEME OF THE OCTOBER/NOVEMBER FALL 2008 EYE CANDY CONTEST IS "FALL COLORS AND EVENTS."
This is a post regarding parallel but dueling contests: ONE for PHOTOGRAPHY (OCT-ECP10) and ONE for VIDEO (OCT-ECV10). We are looking for your very best eye candy ladies and gentlemen and we want you to submit quality work worthy of a featured post. Do your best people, but have a lot of fun. After all, this is Club Chaos hosting our very first Active Rain Contest with a little help from our friends...
Each member has a choice of entering one or both contests.
200 points awarded per contest entry. Contestants may only post one OUTSIDE BLOG link for each selected media a candidate decides to work in (e.g. you can not posts two entries for photography or two for video, but you can post an AR Outside Blog link for one contest each.)
The panel consists of 7 judges: Kathy Passarette (NY), Paddy Pizzappi (NY), Poppy Dinsey (London, UK), Elaine Hanson (CA), Richard Weisser (GA), Melody Botting (TX) and Carolyn Tann-Starr (NY).
Members choosing to participate must design and publish their original content specifically for Localism.com and their Active Rain Outside Blog. Members Only posts are prohibited from entry. All entries must be PG-13 Rated. All entries must tie Fall Colors with an event and a geographical location.
11/1/08 UPDATE - PLEASE NOTE: GREEN is a fall color! GREEN IS A FALL COLOR! STOP THE COLOR E-MAILS! (LOL) If you live somewhere where Fall looks like Spring, we want to see it and we would love to hear from you. The contest is about Fall Colors and Events! You can showcase your areas the way that you see fit. Please do not feel your pictures have to resemble anyone else's pictures. Your pictures are all about eye candy. SHOW ME THE EYE CANDY BAY-BAY! Inquiring minds wnat to know! (LOL)
[A] You must join the Active Rain group "Outside Blogs."
BTW: "Chatting about contest issues, asking non-related contest tech issues and serial commenting bordering in silly bantering is to be done at Club Chaos here or on (Mel's New Chat Rule: here if you don't jack the blog) or on your own blog posts. All contest banter must remain PG-13. Do not post inappropriate photographs in other people's comment sections. I will concede that "inappropriate" is relative and subjective to some people, hence the PG-13 rule in effect." You can quote me on this because I will delete you if you do it act inappropriately here. But I digress...
[C] Do not post questions regarding setting up your AR Outside Blog on this post. The comment section of this post is strickly for publishing the AR Outside Blog links to your contest submissions. BTW, we will only accept AR Outside Blog links which is not the same as your main blog dashboard at Active Rain where you syndicate your work to Loacalism and your Outside Blog by checking off submission boxes.
[D] You must post your contest submission(s) in the group "Outside Blogs" and one of the following 5 other groups: (D1) Diary of A Realtor (public); (D2) Dedicated Bloggers (public); (D3) Whacked (public); (D4) Square Pegs (public) and (D5) Club Chaos (by invitation only: current members). This is what the insiders refer to as the DDWSC Royal Flush ladies and gentlemen. It's the upgraded version of the Triple Play (Square Pegs, Whacked and Club Chaos, but I digress - LOL)
[E] You must post your contest submission(s) in Localism and the AR Outside Blog. Failing to do so disqualifies you. This is a very important point so I will say it again: FAILING TO DO SO DISQUALIFIES YOU... so please pay attention to the rules. Make a check list if you have to. :-)
[F] The contest judges are prohibited from entering as panel members but may participate in other events they are not actively judging, including future CC Eye Candy contests.
1. Every entry must be original content created by the participant.
2. Submissions must be titled and tagged to separate the contest entries. Meta Tags: Club Chaos OctECP10 (Photography Eye Candy) Club Chaos OctECV10 (Video Eye Candy). In addition, the photographs and video must have been created during the interim of Oct 15th - Nov 15th 2008.
[We have an expectation. We expect to see vibrant colors, transitional withering and/or naked trees. It has got to be something clearly identifiable as the FALL Season. Got a garden in transition? Got kids trick-a-treating? Got leaves? Going hunting for your wild turkey? Park nearby? Dock? Interesting homes? Interesting store? Interesting street?]
3. Examples of acceptable contest titles include "Month In _______" (the geographical location) e.g. "Club Chaos OctECP10: October in Flushing, NY" or "Club Chaos OctECP10: November in West Chester, PA." Or a descriptive title clearly indicating the Fall Season and colors, a specific location with an event tied in like "Watching The Sun Go Down On A Fall Cityscape in Lancaster, PA" or "Preparing For Thanksgiving While Watching the Seasons Change in Kent, Kentucky." Failing to use the appropriate Meta Tags to identify your contest submissions will result in your contest points not being awarded. Failing to publish the appropriate AR-OB links in the comment section of this OFFICIAL CONTEST post will result in your creation not being reviewed and no points will be awarded.
4. Minimum Post Requirements: 100 words and 5 Photographs and/or 100 words and one 1.5 minute video. (It would be nice if you would act like you were writing for a feature, but 100 words will do. It isn't the quantity, it's the quality!)
5. Do not combine two entries on one post. Do not submit multiple videos on one post. Do not exceed 5 minutes with your video submission. Do not include music unless (a) you own the copyright or (b) have written permission from the rights owner to use their music (I will spot check if you do). Do not include any television or radio transmissions or visuals in the background of your videos. Do not trespass on any property to complete your project.
2000 points for 1st Place in Photography, 2000 points for 1st Place in Video.
1500 points for 2ndPlace in Photography, 1500 points for 2nd Place in Video.
1000 points for 3rd Place in Photography, 1000 points for 3rd Place in Video.
500 points for 4th Place in Photography, 500 points for 4th Place in Video.
Each contest entry: 200 points. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 11/18/2008
11/24/2008 UPDATE: We have our winners!
2000 points for 1st Place in Photography Liz Moras, 2000 points for 1st Place in Video Jeremy Blanton. 1500 points for 2ndPlace in Photography Lizette Fitzpatrick, 1500 points for 2nd Place in Video Rita Burke. 1000 points for 3rd Place in Photography Elizabeth Weintraub, 1000 points for 3rd Place in Video Kristan Moran. 500 points for 4th Place in Photography Erik Hitzelberger, 500 points for 4th Place in Video was not awarded, no candidate entry.
HONORABLE MENTION: Julie Chapman (who I must humbly apologize to for missing her contest submission.)
Photography Entries: Video Entries:
Disclaimer: Any comments and contributions provided on ActiveRain.com (or other electronic or print media) does not establish an agency relationship with any third party. Blog posts are intended to be informational only. Please be advised that real estate practices vary in regions and from state to state and market to market. The information contained herein does not constitute legal advice. All parties in need of legal, accounting, tax, or real estate guidance are directed to consult with the licensed professional of their choice. Please seek specific guidance from a retained professional in the specific field(s) required to service your interests. I and/or team blog writers make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites inclusive of but not limited to CarolynTannStarr.com MySpace/TannStarr 46486 NY Working Moms Examiner ActiveRain Group Club Chaos ClubChaosAgents.com CyberMinions.net CTannStarr Outside Blog CTannStarr Localism Blog TannStarr.net UberMental.com
© Carolyn Tann-Starr, 2008-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the re-blog authors (when appropriate)and Carolyn Tann-Starr is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Carolyn Tann-Starr, (the re-blog authors when appropriate) and Wordy C's Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.