Tann-Starr on Tann-Starr...
Welcome to the Susan Mangigian Wordy Version of C. This is the part of the show where I combine e-mail with four overdue Memes regarding friends, random, useless facts and personal idiosyncrasies into an Outside Blog Minion Report. Truth be known, the goal is to convert it into "The Year In Review." After all, I did promise my Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and AR peeps that I'd do a recap of how I evolved as a blogger. Problem is, I don't feel like I've changed much... I don't even have any New Year resolutions.
Why did I agree to do four Memes and a Recap? I don't know...
Stupidity? A moment of weakness perhaps, or blogger's insanity? Hmm... you decide. I'm too friggin' tired to figure it out and I've been up all night with the painful reminder of why I am beginning to really hate Memes. These things are viral and some people who claim to like you go out of their way to make you feel obligated to perform. Sometimes, they do not know they are doing it, while other times I'm wondering which one of us is the most anal retentive and obsessive about getting it done (LOL). Some people are really sweet and make my life fun, while others make me not want to touch them or "the writing assignment" with a ten foot pole. Seriously! In this case, the four people who tagged me are really lovely people, so how could I say no? :-)
Welcome to the Triple Meme from Hell. Yes, I know I said I was remiss with four Memes, however, quadruple just didn't have the same sinister ring to it. After all, I have 29 Q&A to do plus a friendship one. Seriously. I'm telling you, these Meme blog chain letters are evil business and I mean Eeeeeeevil with a capital E (LOL). I refuse to follow all of the rules and must confess that this one made me cranky even though I really love my friends who tagged me with their various versions of cyberHell. I am not in my happy place people and have not been so for three days. So buckle-up bay-bays and let the Meme games begin. I've got nonsense to talk about. Are you ready? ;-)
Warning: When I'm cranky, I make "Abby Normal" look like "Mother Teresa." This happens to be true, people, so if you have a problem with that, turn back now. Seriously. I don't want you littering my comments section with sanctimonious party-pooper-party-pooh because I am prone to going where ever my cranky thoughts lead me. Like Granny Tann likes to say, "Some days you’re the bug. Some days you’re the windshield." It's my first original post for 2009 so I'm playing both sides of the splatter pattern. Bottom line, I'm just here to have some fun bantering with a few of my friends (who I will get my cyberHell revenge on) while highlighting a few of my favorite bloggers and banging out my answers to some silly and occasionally interesting questions. Looks like a good spot to share some naughty minion moments as well. Maybe I'll do a little lurking in other social media accounts while hanging out waiting for the fallout to clear...
Time for a beverage public service announcement: If you have poor bladder control, you may want to go to the bathroom now because there is no telling what might pop up regarding "The Mind Of Mama Minion." I have been known to make adults pee involuntarily, so consider yourself warned. I'm just sayin'... In addition, if you are drinking a beverage, please put it down. I'd hate to have you spew coffee/tea like they did on Richard Weisser's Post (LOL).
Time for the Naughty-Blogger-Disclaimers: Yup. Repeat after me: "I Is Gonna Be A Naughty Gal." (If you're a man, you still have to say it. It's part of your cyberHell for reading this post.) If you choose to ignore the beverage public service announcement, please be advised that sticky keyboards and stained monitors are not covered by your avatar's foodie-flood comprehensive policy or virtual errors and omissions insurance. We will NOT be held responsible for what you spill, spew or spray onto your lap, files, fax, printer, floor, clothing, relatives and into the atmosphere.
Yes, I said "relatives." Having been sprayed once or twice myself, I know what I am talking about... I am still trying to figure out if my spouse and children have horrible aim or if I've stumbled upon a minion conspiracy of grave proportions that needs to be quashed. If I must quash the minion rebellion, I will blog about it forthwith with video and film, but I digress... Final Warning: Read my blog at your own risk. On that note, my Naughty-Blogger-Disclaimers are done. :-P
So, ya feeling kinda BRAVE today? Wanna learn something NEW about the old Tann-Starr, eh? Then get comfy sweetie pies, this may take a while... After all, rumor has it that this is "The Year in Review."
I do owe Laura Watts a friendship Meme so we're gonna start this puppy off by talking about a few of my friends: My first victim is Richard Weisser. I happen to love "Dear Richard." It is an awesome Real Estate column by a man with a very playful and creative imagination. He has recently confessed to periodically running out of blogging-gas, but twisted sisters like me keep egging him on to drive that new blog post home because (1) he is a wealth of information, (2) he is a Spanking-A photographer and (3) I love playing with people who are smarter than I am.
Advice for Richard: Fart an idea, damn it. There's nothing like a good diarrhea of words to relieve the constipation of a blocked mind. My secret weapon? Spoofing on pointless questions with no possible useful answers, then making it relative to what's going on in my life right now. How's that for transparency? (LOL) Learned something new today, did ya? ;-)
For the more sensitive souls whose mouths have just dropped open: "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing," Walt Disney. In case you don't understand just how critical this situation really is (Richard has a vast following, including me), I believe Susan Haughton summed it best with one astute question: "Who will start our days with wit, wisdom and pithy comments?" (LMAO) Big Hint: You do not want it to be me. Seriously. I am an acquired taste, most peculiar in flavor. Richard Weisser, however, has universal appeal, so one can easily take to him immediately. Don't let the compliment fool you. Who else would be crazy enough to post every single morning? BTW, if you take to me immediately, then you are off your meds. Seriously. But I digress... ;-)
Unlike Richard, I have minions, so that eliminates me from the running if he runs out of blogging-gas. Richard is irreplaceable and the idea of him not being there in the wee hours of the morning is simply unimaginable to me. I start my day with Paddy Pizappi and Richard Weisser. They always have something posted in the morning. I'd be lost without them. I hate losing excellent writers. I'm still suffering from Andrew J Lenza withdrawal. Thank God we still play in Facebook. Imagination runs my mojo... I love bantering with witty people. Playtime is an integral part of my day. :-)
Here's another favorite quote: "Imagination is more important than knowledge," Albert Einstein.
In the infamous words of Melodious: "Coolio." I am soooo down with that program. The musician and artist in me really digs that quote. I gravitate towards interesting, imaginative people who are very different from me. I salute self starters and really enjoy being surrounded by a bunch of talented, playful friends. I especially adore the ones who have both the gifts of knowledge and imagination. That combination truly isn't as common as one would think. That's why Amanda Hall and Melody Botting are so dear to my heart. Everyone who knows me knows that Melodious is the boss of me. The TX twins know how to think outside the box. Lizette Fitzpatrick may be in KY, but she knows how to channel me. She's an awesome artist and we have lots of a standing jokes between us born from previous Memes. Liz is very good at thinking outside the box and knows how my mind works. I've got another Liz that I adore. Have you ever bothered calling Elizabeth Weintraub? Our hilarious conversations are truly priceless. You think her blogs really have it going on? You should pick up the phone and call my girlfriend. She's full of surprises (LMAO). If you really want to have an unusual conversation, you have got to hook up with Laura Watts and Susan Mangigian. Honey, these two chickas will make you laugh until you cry. These ladies are delightful. I never know what I'm going to get, I love a good laugh and I love these people. Cool friends like these just lift you up to another level and make it okay to laugh about stuff you might not be able to find any humor in if you were left alone struggling with your thoughts or on the verge of tears. I can say anything I want to them and they can say anything they want to me. Friendship is a rare gift. Don't squander your social media. ;-)
BTW, I don't just think outside the box, I live outside the box. Normal is relative in my world, which is filled with ADD, Autism and PDD-NOS. My friends know this and accommodate me and mine in the most usual and fabulous ways. From AR Road Trips to Twitter Therapy and lots of Skyping in between. Our adventures as a family have crossed the spectrum of social media and has solidified into brick and mortar soul ties. That happens to be a very rare and beautiful thing and I can not imagine my present or future life without people like Paddy Pizappi, Kathy Passarette, Susan Mangigian and the host of all my other friends in it. I absolutely love them and I'm looking forward to some very interesting AR Road Trips. :-)
Funny how you can meet people for the first time and feel as if you've known them all of your life simply by blogging together, sharing daily e-mails and playing phone-tag. I would like to thank the Active Rain staff for making that possible. You guys (and Claire) ROCK! Thank you for creating this network and giving us the opportunity to meet some wonderful friends. BTW, Susan, don't forget to wear black. ;-)
If you missed the Little Minions AR Summer Road Trips, you can start here:
Those 5 posts hold some of my fondest memories. I adore the little minions and absolutely adore my bay-bays. I'm in love with my virtual family and blogging with my peeps at Club Chaos is a lot of fun. I love the fact that I get to play with and learn from awesome people that includes the likes of Leesa L Finley, JL Boney, Midori Miller, Pam Pugmire, Tanya Venable, Cameron Wilson, Barb Szabo, Jeremy Blanton, Carole Provenzale, Barbara Carter, Mike Saunders, Cheryl Johnson, Becky Cook, Barbara Ries, Lisa Hill, TLW, Broker Bryant, Kristin Moran, Sheila Moran, Judi Morgan, Robert Rauf, Nicole Nicolay, Lenn Harley, Ruthmarie Hicks, Myrl Jeffcoat, Margaret Rome, Jesse Clifton, Jennifer Fivelsdal, Missy Caulk, Eleanor Thorne, Fran Gaspari, Alisha Harrison, Andrew J Lenza, Marie Meyer, Steve Shatsky, Debbie Summers, LaShawn Norden, Mirela Monte, Clint Miller, Lindsey Hasford, Gary Woltal, Amanda Hall, Melody Botting, Susan Mangigian, Chris Elizabeth Griffith, Kathy Passarette, Virginia Hepp, Liz Moras, Debra A Brooks, Mike Jones, Jeanette Neerpat, Don Rogers, Chris Fisher, Christina Williams, Jason Crouch, Paddy Pizappi, Julie Chapman, Gail MacMillian, Greg Nino, Alan May, Poppy Dinsey, Richard Weisser, Lizette Fitzpatrick, Josef Katz, Lisa Heindel, Kappy Mann, Robert Swetz, Debe Maxwell, Bill Gassett, Sondra Meyer, Lisa Glowacki, Lisa Friedman, Paul Slaybaugh, Chris Ann Cleland, Elaine Hanson, Adam Waldman, Elizabeth Weintraub, Lani A-R, Linda Davis, Cristal Drake, Elizabeth Nieves, Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman, Susan Hilton, Teri Lussier, Marianne Snygg, Ralph/Laraine Sharpe, Steve Homer, Audrey June-Forshey, Valerie Osterhoudt Sharon Paxson, April Hayden-Munsen, Kelly Willey, Jane Grant and Laura Watts. I can not possibly name every single friend I have because I enjoy caching up with a lot of people and invest time playing phone tag and meeting them across social media accounts every single day.
My social media peeps created this long post because I owe Lisa Heindel 17 Random Facts and Susan Mangigian does not like when I am being cheap with the Meme details. Lovely Lisa tagged me for a Meme on Facebook. I also owe Julie Chapman 6 Useless Facts and Myrl Jeffcoat another 6 Useless Facts as well. I am going to answer these lovely ladies right now, but I have to say Memes can really get out of hand if you are not careful (LOL). I think that's why I ignore over half of them because they are eeeeeevil (LOL). I am not going to do too many in 2009. I may start refusing them outright and just be done with them. Seriously.
BTW, here"s another fave quote: "So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads." Dr. Seuss
This is the part of the show where Carol switches to a more brief mode. Might as well answer my friggin' e-mail in public and give my lovelies their random, useless information so the torture can end (LMAO).
1. How Long have you been blogging? Less than a year, April 2008.
2. Why do you tell your age but wont give people your birth-date? Because I do not like sucky gifts and think it is a bunch of hooowee to aggravate people with the infamous lie, "it's the thought that counts..." Oh really? Puh-leeze! A sucky gift means you have crappy thoughts about the recipient. Stop asking me for my birth-date people. You do not have to say "Happy Birthday" to me. I don't mind you not saying it and do not want to be on your social calendars. Stop inviting me. Odd request? Probably yes. Will it make me happy? Absolutely! Deliriously so as a matter of fact. It would really be nice if everyone would just leave my birthday alone. It's my private holiday for me and the little minions and I do not want a virtual party or a Facebook announcement. Seriously... Stop plotting. You're going to piss me off...
3. Why are you so comfortable being anti-social in social media? Sometimes you are downright rude. Why? Well why the hell not? Do you think because we're Realtors we are not allowed to have attitudes just like everyone else? Seriously. I do not pretend to be a perfect person and will not even try to act like something I am not. I have major issues. There are things that I do not like and I have the right not to like them. The fact of the matter is we all have an attitude and it fluctuates every moment of the day. Besides, I'm not rude all of the time and can be rather charming if you don't flip my b*tch switch (LOL).
Lets go visit Dictionary.com for a moment to define that puppy... Attitude: noun 1. manner, disposition, feeling, position, etc., with regard to a person or thing; tendency or orientation, esp. of the mind: a negative attitude; group attitudes. 2. position or posture of the body appropriate to or expressive of an action, emotion, etc.: a threatening attitude; a relaxed attitude.
If the dictionary can describe the spectrum of attitudes people have, then why can't I have access to and make use of it just like everyone else? Why is there this unrealistic expectation that I am supposed to be off the grid with my emotions and put up with othr people's B***sh**? More than half the people who don't like my attitude usually approach me with something that they want me to do for them without regards to what I need to do for myself or family. They make unrealistic demands then tantrum when I do not cater to them. Well, I've got news for you. I have two kids and a hubby. All tantrums to be tolerated end there.
People are quick to overlook the fact that they have attitudes all the time with me e.g.: (1) thinking it is okay to waste my time while I am trying to make a living; (2) assuming I am obligated to be their personal taxi cab; (3) not being honest about their assets and salaries; (4) jerking my chain because they think we should only be talking RE or doing market reports on AR. The list goes on and on.
Sometimes we can joke about it, sometimes we can't poke fun and laugh it off because there is no common ground or meeting of the minds. Fact of the matter is I don't like everybody and everybody does not like me. I leave people I don't like alone. I simply go away and disengage. I know how to be civil but depending on how someone pushes me there are days I DO NOT WANT TO. People count on you being civil while they misbehave hoping to stress you into making a decision they want. News flash: Been there. Done that. Lived through it. Not interested. Can't speak for you, but my list includes people in and out of the industry and a few relatives to boot. Why lie about it? I am not going to sit here and pretend that I am all things to all people because I am not. I do not have to act like Pollyanna to prove that I am good at what I do or a half way decent person. When you see my attitude, it is usually in direct response to something... like flipping my b*tch switch or messing with my bay-bays... which flips my b*tch switch (LMAO).
4. If you could choose one post monthly for someone to read from the time you started blogging, what would they be?
April 2008: Anything Andrew J Lenza. :-)
5. Do you like doing Memes? No, not really. Depends upon the questions. Some are crafted more thoughtfully than others.
6. Do you really like to read or are you being facetious? I was unaware the two were mutually exclusive (LOL). I love to read and can be quite facetious. Irreverent is my favorite playful disposition. I come from a family full of wisecracking bay-bays spewing sarcasm in a Brooklyn accent. My mom is as droll as my dad is jovial. My comical kids and hubby can be quite humorous. There is nothing staid, lugubrious or dull about any of them... Hmm... I feel as if I am going to have a Dr. Seuss moment. In case you didn't notice, I have been quoting him. I did mention I could be quite facetious, didn't I? (LOL)
7. Do you read Zig Ziglar? If so, what is your favorite quote? Yup. I read Zigzig. Fave quote: "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
8. What is your favorite Minion Blur blog post moment? When he tried to toast our cell phones (LOL). You can read all about it here: "When Your Toaster Starts Ringing You Know You Are In Trouble."
9. Do you read Dr Seuss to your kids? If so, what is your favorite book or quote? Yup. I do. I got news for ya: I still read it to me too (LOL). Theodore Seuss Geisel is da-silly-bomb! Fave quote? Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind. I LOVE THIS QUOTE! It gives me such a sense of freedom. It reminds me that it is okay to just be me... I don't have to be perfect, I just have to be me.
10. What are your some of your favorite quotes that made you laugh the first time you heard them?
Shirley Temple Black: "I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph."
Robert McCloskey: “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
Katherine Hepburn: "I don't care what is written about me, as long as it isn't true."
Groucho Marx: "If you want to see a comic strip, you should see me in the shower."
Murphy's Law: "Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the Universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch it to be sure." (There has got to be an explanation for this. I can not tell you how many people I have seen poke their finger against an object that had a wet paint sign on it. Yes, I did it too - LOL).
11. List two posts that made you laugh out load.
(Members Only) TLW http://activerain.com/blogsview/734804/CRAPHave-You-Googled-It-LatelyROAR
12. What is your favorite book? The Bible.
13. What is your favorite car? One that drives, locks and has working brakes.
14. Name one benefit of participating in Memes. You can introduce your friends to other bloggers you like and get really, really silly on-line (LOL).
15. Name three things you dislike about Memes. If not well crafted the experience sucks, the answers are lame and people actually cringe in horror to be tagged for an exercise in literary S&M. It's CyberHell. Seriously.
16. What do you like the best about social media? It's a fun way to keep up with my friends and family members.
17. What do you dislike about social media? When my peeps are lax in their security habits. When strange people on Facebook keep trying to be my friend when I keep telling them "No."
18. Best part about Twitter? Instant gratification for serial commentary. :-)
19. Worse part about Twitter? Strange people wanting to see my protected CC tweets and constantly having to say "No."
20. Favorite food? Besides Hagen Daz?
21. Favorite television shows? Fringe, The Closer, Monk, Leverage, 24, Eli Stone, Grey's Anatomy, Ugly Betty.
22. How much do you weigh? I don't know, we don't own a scale. Why? Are you going to pick me up? Seriously...
23. How tall are you? Taller than Noah, shorter than Michael, not quite average.
24. Left handed or right handed? Depends upon what I'm doing (LOL).
25. If you had a million dollars what is the first thing you would do? Pass the f*** out (LOL).
26. What annoying habit would you like to kick? Memes. With both feet. Seriously.
27. Worse insult ever received from a sibling? "If I throw a stick, will you leave?"
28. Best AR one liner? Julie Chapman: "You're just jealous because the Voices are talking to Me."
29. Favorite Anonymous quote not quite Shakespeare but makes you think he could have written it? A closed mouth gathers no foot. (LOL)
So, did I gather a foot or two today? I don't know. I do know that I have just excaped cyberHell! (LMAO) The Meme damage has been done. I tag no one for any of the previous four Memes. I reserve the right not to participate again unless the questions are really interesting and I really, really like you (LOL). If you want to make me happy, ask me about Donald Trump. I am a huge fan. :-)
Disclaimer: Any comments and contributions provided on ActiveRain.com (or other electronic or print media) does not establish an agency relationship with any third party. Blog posts are intended to be informational only. Please be advised that real estate practices vary in regions and from state to state and market to market. The information contained herein does not constitute legal advice. All parties in need of legal, accounting, tax, or real estate guidance are directed to consult with the licensed professional of their choice. Please seek specific guidance from a retained professional in the specific field(s) required to service your interests. I and/or team blog writers make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites inclusive of but not limited to CarolynTannStarr.com MySpace/TannStarr 46486 NY Working Moms Examiner ActiveRain Group Club Chaos ClubChaosAgents.com CyberMinions.net CTannStarr Outside Blog CTannStarr Localism Blog TannStarr.net UberMental.com
© Carolyn Tann-Starr, 2008-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the re-blog authors (when appropriate)and Carolyn Tann-Starr is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Carolyn Tann-Starr, (the re-blog authors when appropriate) and Wordy C's Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.