C Tann-Starr's Outside Blog


Ever wondered what a real estate agent does in the UK?

Poppy Dinsey was kind enough to make this information available for a re-blog. Check out the embedded link to her video at AgentGenius.com and enjoy!

A lot of the US agents I speak to are curious about the real estate buying/selling process that takes place here in the UK. After all it's not just interesting for curiosity's sake, it's very important if you're ever selling to UK investors who are used to a very different process.

I've made a little video over at AgentGenius to try and give a brief overview of what we do and how it's different, would be interesting to hear what you think of our system :-)

You can read the post and watch the video here.

Have a super Sunday people! :-D

Disclaimer: Any comments and contributions provided on ActiveRain.com (or other electronic or print media) does not establish an agency relationship with any third party. Blog posts are intended to be informational only. Please be advised that real estate practices vary in regions and from state to state and market to market. The information contained herein does not constitute legal advice. All parties in need of legal, accounting, tax, or real estate guidance are directed to consult with the licensed professional of their choice. Please seek specific guidance from a retained professional in the specific field(s) required to service your interests. I and/or team blog writers make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites inclusive of but not limited to CarolynTannStarr.com MySpace/TannStarr 46486 NY Working Moms Examiner ActiveRain Group Club Chaos ClubChaosAgents.com CyberMinions.net CTannStarr Outside Blog CTannStarr Localism Blog TannStarr.net UberMental.com

© Carolyn Tann-Starr, 2008-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the re-blog authors (when appropriate)and Carolyn Tann-Starr is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Carolyn Tann-Starr, (the re-blog authors when appropriate) and Wordy C's Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.


Carolyn Tann-Starr Outside Blog Outside Blog Minion Report on Facebook Carolyn Tann-Starr on Blogger  CTannStarr on Twitter Tann Starr on YouTube TannStarr.net

Tann Starr on iTunes

Tann Starr on IMDb

Kim Harrison  Vicki Pettersson  Jocelynn Drake  Jaye Wells  Amy DeZellar  Lynn Rush  Jeannie Holmes

Ward Nasse Gallery

Kendall Grey  Jeaniene Frost  Faith Hunter  Stacia Kane  Sherry Soule

Alicia Anderson: Touched By People Places and Things


Tann Starr on Amazon.com

Life With Wee People

Outside Blog Minion Report


Ask me something...

Tann Starr on Jango Music

Tann Starr on Blip.fm

Felix Lipov, Official Photographer, Ambassadors of Chaos




Comment balloon 4 commentsC Tann-Starr • October 12 2008 11:59AM


I like Poppy's direct approach.  She is fun to watch.  I don't think there is really that much difference in the UK way of buying and selling Real Estate.  Poppy may think that buyers pay the agents but it is the same as in the UK.  The Seller is the one who pays the agent who brings the buyer.  Over here we have just cultivated the "Personalized approach" where we try to get clients for life but now - that does not always work here either with all of the competition.  Thanks Carloyn for a fresh look into UK Real Estate!

Posted by Sidney Kutchuk - Realty Works Temecula Kutchuk - Realty Works Temecula, Realty Works Temecula (Realty Works Temecula) about 12 years ago

Jane, here's my response at AgentGenius.com to Poppy after watching her video:

"Wow, you guys do it totally different from how we process it over here. In New York State we start by going over the disclosure forms to explain real estate agency relationships. A Seller’s Agent is an agent who is engaged by the seller to represent the seller’s interests. A buyer’s agent is engaged to represent the buyer’s interests. A broker’s agent is an agent that cooperates or is engaged by a listing agent or buyer’s agent (but does not work for the same firm as the listing or buyer’s agent) to assist the listing agent or buyer’s agent in locating property to sell or buy, respectively, for the listing agent’s seller or the buyer’s agent buyer. In this case the broker’s agent does not have a direct relationship with the buyer or seller and the buyer or seller can not provide instructions or direction directly to the broker’s agent. The last item we go over regards the Dual Agency (with or without designated sales agents). In this case that is when a real estate broker may represent both the buyer and the seller if both parties give their informed consent in writing. (I bet you thought you were confused before - LOL). If done with designated sales agents, the broker will assign one of the firm’s agents to the buyer and another to the seller."

As a buyer's agent, I couldn't make much of a living over there because they do not emply them (LOL). Everyone is a listing or seller's agent. :-)

Posted by C Tann-Starr (Tann Starr & Associates, Inc.) about 12 years ago

Thanks for this, I am an anglophile and even have a business card that calls me an Estates Agent, I really want to be a turf accountant, but the law is not on my side.  Thanks!

Posted by Jane Page Thompson (Aiken Properties) about 12 years ago

Jane Page, you are soooo gonna make me look up "anglophile" because I have never used that word (LOL).

Posted by C Tann-Starr (Tann Starr & Associates, Inc.) about 12 years ago

This blog does not allow anonymous comments