Claire Legrand's Suitecase 7 Giveaway: Part 4 - BUNHEADS
Ever hear the phrase Advanced Reader Copy? Most people wild about books really want an ARC because "as a marketing tool, publishers provide free copies of new titles to booksellers, journalists and even celebrities..." There are bragging rights to getting your hands on a really cool pre-publication title, especially if you happen to NOT be a bookseller, journalist or celebrity (LOL).
It can be even more fun to own them if you acquire your ARC from the author, a celebrity or cyberlebrity. Sometimes people continue to hunt down ARCs long after the titles become available for purchase because some editions "have proven to be collectible and are in high demand." If you're a signature hound you really need to try and get them signed by the author to raise their potential value.
Today's book club contest of the virtual moment is brought to you by the lovely, talented and hilariously snarky Clare Legrand. You guys remember my tweet-peep Clare, right? Writer of dark pretty bloody magic things | ninja librarian | slayer of evil? Yeah... THAT Clare (the recent Jaye Wells virtual twit hookup - LOL). Here's your chance to get in on the ARC action from this interesting author/cyberlebrity because Clare is giving away her personal ARC copy of Sophie Flack's Bunheads.
According to Amazon.com "Sophie Flack danced with the New York City Ballet from 2000 to 2009. She is currently studying English at Columbia University. Bunheads is her first novel." PAY ATTENTION to the first novel part people. If you're going to collect having the first of something is not a bad thing.
You can blame my recent @SophieFlack Twitter follow directly on @ClareLegrand. The Jaye Wells (@JayeWells) and Amy DeZellar (@AmyDeZellar) goodwill is inspiring me to tell you guys to keep a keen eye on both Clare and Sophie. The girls have it going on in Twitter and we like lurking on Clare's blog. Feel free to go experience Clare Legrand at http://claire-legrand.com however Sophie's website is under construction as of this writing (http://sophieflack.com). Feel free to read her tweets while you're waiting for that first blog post. Think of it as an exercise in anticipation (LOL). ;-)
Anticipation is a beautiful thing. You know how us book club bookies love to burn through books while we keep our author family tree branches up to date, especially since all of our urban fantasy excursions link directly back to being Kim Harrison, Vicki Pettersson and Jocelyn Drake fans. We follow their lead and only rally the troops if we think something is a good idea. Lurking around Clare and Sophie are good third and fourth generation social media ideas (LOL). If you like what you see go follow them on Twitter.
The Suitecase 7 Giveaway: Part 4 - BUNHEADS Contest RULES according to Claire (I'm quoting here):
Basically, this is how it’s going to work:
1) Every week and a half or so for the next couple of months, I’ll be giving away A MAGICAL BEA-OBTAINED ARC right here on this very blog.
2) I’ll announce the start of each new giveaway on Twitter with the hashtag #SuitcaseSeven. If you want to use that hashtag whenever you re-tweet or talk about the giveaway on Twitter, that would be awesome!
3) All you have to do to earn an entry in each giveaway is comment on this blog (I’ll put up a new post for each new book). You can earn extra points by talking about it on your blog or Twitter! Like so:
- you get 1 entry just for commenting! Easy peasy!
- you get +1 additional entry for tweeting about the giveaway (with the hashtag #SuitcaseSeven)! Only one tweet per individual giveaway, please. You can certainly get the word out about THE SUITCASE SEVEN as much as you’d like! But you can only earn the 1 additional entry for tweeting once per book.
- you get +2 additional entries for talking about the giveaway on your blog and pasting the link in your comment! Only one blog post per individual giveaway, please. For example, if you really want a particular ARC, you can’t blog about it every day and get 2 additional entries every day; you can only earn the 2 additional entries for blogging once per book.
I'm gonna go comment on Claire's blog and embed this link like the point scoring, book pimping Google Whore that I am (LOL). Yeah, I want a shot at winning Sophie's book. Never chased an ARC before. Claire just gave us something really cool to do for book club (silly grin). ;-)
Thank you, Claire.
Disclaimer: Any comments and contributions provided on ActiveRain.com (or other electronic or print media) does not establish an agency relationship with any third party. Blog posts are intended to be informational only. Please be advised that real estate practices vary in regions and from state to state and market to market. The information contained herein does not constitute legal advice. All parties in need of legal, accounting, tax, or real estate guidance are directed to consult with the licensed professional of their choice. Please seek specific guidance from a retained professional in the specific field(s) required to service your interests. I and/or team blog writers make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites inclusive of but not limited to CarolynTannStarr.com MySpace/TannStarr 46486 NY Working Moms Examiner ActiveRain Group Club Chaos ClubChaosAgents.com CyberMinions.net CTannStarr Outside Blog CTannStarr Localism Blog TannStarr.net UberMental.com
© Carolyn Tann-Starr, 2008-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from the re-blog authors (when appropriate)and Carolyn Tann-Starr is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Carolyn Tann-Starr, (the re-blog authors when appropriate) and Wordy C's Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.